Sunday 10 August 2014

And your G1 Climax Final is......

Nakamura Vs Okada

I just do not get the love for Nakamura at all. Aside from his weird Anime Villain-esque look, I see nothing about him that I find interesting. It irks me quite considerably that guys like Goto and Shibata have been looked over in the past in favour of him. I honestly think it would be a waste of a tournament if he wins it.

I prefer Okada a lot more, but for me the Final should have been Tanahashi Vs Okada, with Tanahashi winning and going on to face AJ Styles at The Tokyo Dome in January. I know we've seenTanahashi/Okada a bunch of times, but it's never not been excellent and it would produce the marque 5 Star match that this tournament deserves.

Okada will be the one I cheer for, if only to avoid Nakamura in a Dome Main Event again.

It's a shame they didn't go with Naito again and actually have him win the Title match this time, but he's still young and has time I guess

Now I look forward to the big Rangers Vs Hearts match later today at 1PM. Should be a cracker!

No comments:

Post a Comment